The architectural firm was founded in 1956 by Bea and Walter Betz in Munich.
The company has further two branches, one in Würzburg since 1965 and one in Berlin since 1988.
Mostly undisturbed by trends, they have created buildings that continually emphasize the value of atmospheric qualities that sensually convey architecture to its users.
Their fields of work are office and administrative buildings, school and university buildings, residential buildings and complexes, and cultural facilities. Al the buildings with their signature language of irregular floor plans and large, clear surfaces.
Award German Architects, Bavaria, 1971 and 1981
Culture Awards for Architects, Munich, 1973
Civic Trust Award, London, 1979
British Concrete Society Award, 1979
High-School Lise-Meitner, near Munich
Subway Station Olympia Einkaufszentrum - U1, Munich
Subway Station Olympia Einkaufszentrum - U3, Munich
Central Headquarters HypoVereinsbank, Munich
Office Center Nymphenburger Straße, Munich
Central Spa Building, Bad Reichenhall
Hotel Berlin, Berlin
State Criminal Justice Office, Berlin
Freie Universität Berlin - Dept. of History and Cultural Studies, Berlin
German Archeological Institute, Istanbul, Turkey
Congress Center, Karachi, Pakistan
House Gautier, Starnberg
German EXPO Pavilion, Osaka, Japan
High-School Unterhaching, near Munich
German Embassy, London, England
Office Building, Laboratory and Residential House Meissner, Maidbronn
Office and Commercial Building Baumöhl - Isar Amper Werke, Munich
Office Building Löwenbräu, Munich
Mayersche Hofkunstanstalt - workshop building, Munich
Townhouses Falkensee, Berlin