The Igreja Carmo is a gothic church in Lisbon, which was destroyed by an earthquake in 1755. It was founded by Nuno Álvares Pereira and the construction was finished in 1423. At that time it was the biggest church in Lisbon. Today the ruins are open to public for the public. Parts of the interior and the history of it can be seen in the Archaeological Carmo Museum.