Ernest R. Graham, born in Lowell 1866, was a Chicago architect who was a protégé of Daniel Burnham. Ernest Graham was Burnham’s principal assistant in overseeing construction of the World’s Columbian Exposition of 1893 and later helped D. H. Burnham & Co. achieve national prominence. Following Burnham’s death in 1912, Graham carried on Burnham’s architectural practice, first as Graham Burnham & Co. and, after 1917, as Graham, Anderson, Probst & White.
Under Graham’s leadership this architect's office became one of the largest and most prestigious in the United States. The firm was responsible for designing scores of major structures—railroad stations, banks, office buildings,museums, department stores, theatres, and post offices—for important clients in major cities across the country.
Shedd Aquarium, Chicago, Ilinois
Straus Building, Chicago, Ilinois
Wrigley Building, Chicago, Ilinois
Merchants Bank Building, Chicago, Ilinois
Civic Opera House, Chicago, Ilinois
Old main U. S. Post Office, Chicago, Ilinois
Selfridge Store in London
Union Trust Building
Federal Reserve Bank,Kansas City, Missouri
Bryant Building, Kansas City, Missouri