After H. J. White graduated from the Chicago Manual Training School, he began his career as a draftsman. He grew fast in his profession, becoming one of the most widely known architects in the country.
Graham, Anderson, Probst & White is a Chicago architecture firm that was founded in 1912 originally as Graham, Burnham & Co. In 1917, the Burnhams left the firm, and Graham and the others, (William) Peirce Anderson, Edward Mathias Probst, and Howard Judson White formed the current firm.
H. J. White was a member of the Art Institute of Chicago, the Chicago Historical Society, and the Illinois Society of Architects. He was a patron of the Field Museum.
Shedd Aquarium, Chicago, Ilinois
Straus Building, Chicago, Ilinois
Wrigley Building, Chicago, Ilinois
Merchants Bank Building, Chicago, Ilinois
Civic Opera House, Chicago, Ilinois
Old main U. S. Post Office, Chicago, Ilinois
Selfridge Store in London
Union Trust Building
Federal Reserve Bank,Kansas City, Missouri
Bryant Building, Kansas City, Missouri